Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Tribute to H S Ponnuraj



 Late Prof.  H. S. PONNURAJ (2 March 1932 - 8 November 2013) 
Visionary and founder of ATRI & Senior family member in UESI


Hezekiah Ponnuraj <ponnurajhs@gmail.com>
Feb 25
to Philipose Vaidyar
It is very good we were able to meet one another today. May we meet more often to deepen our fellowship.
-Ponnuraj

H.S.Ponnuraj  4/1303-1, E.B.Colony,
Dharmapuri 636705   T.N. India
Landline: 04342-230413  Mobile: 9943157757

Here is my first post after meeting him the second time.... I believe this will paint a better impression of him that anyone meeting him for the first time can have... View my first post on HSP


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I had met HS Ponnuraj Uncle first time 13 years ago at a workshop at Highfield Kotagiri. We had some brieft interactions during those three days. But the impression I had him on has been profound and lasting. I decided to be more prepared when I wanted to see him after a decade and more though. After that visit, I used to get brief mails almost on a daily basis from him, in Big fonts and most often it will be a prayer need of someone whom he knew closer and at times some brief quotes that he thought worth pondering. Now what below is a wonderful interaction between before I could meet him the third time. It is a great learning  and I am sure you don't want to miss it either.. Phil
 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I had visited uncle HSP a couple of months ago @ his home in Dharmpuri, during my first ever visit to the town. During a recent visit I had planned to meet him up again. I wanted to make sure he would it be right to visit him; so I dial.... (I am quoting one of my earlier post on the FB)
Good morning Uncle, this is Philipose....

"Where are you calling from?"
I am in Dharmapuri now, can I visit you this morning?
"How many of you? Who else is with you?"
Two of us, my co-worker,  Andrew is with me.
"I am sorry, I will not be able to entertain you, but you can visit me and pray for me"

Uncle was not well lately and I have been getting his short mails about the wellness of many others and at last about himself last week. Since I was visiting his district, I had planned to visit him and pray with him.

"Where are you coming from?; Chennai?" "How did you come?"

Uncle, I am coming from Chennai. I took a bus. He is coming from Salem, driving his bike. We would need the bike for our local visits.
(And he did entertain us. He has a helper who was directed to offer us tea or coffee, but as we declined, he suggested to provide us some juice though we had our breakfast just a few minutes ago)

Over a glass of fresh lemon juice, we had chats on several matters though brief, including around our families and the ministry trip we were in that day.


We spoke about my father who is older than he is. We talked about Late Mr.Paul Sudhakar, Rev. P.T. Chandapilla and few others. And at the end Uncle asks:

"What else can I do for you"

Uncle, you can pray with us, or to say,  feel with us. I am sure you believe..."prayer is the sincere desire of the soul, uttered or un uttered....." quoting from a famous writer. 



We did pray with and for uncle.

"Now where are you going from here"

We are going to meet ............. ( I explained our plan for the day) 


"Do you have his contact number?"

Yes Uncle. We will call him soon when we leave you.

"What is the mode of your transport?"
Uncle, we have the bike with us.
"Ok"

We said bye with the hope of seeing again, left for our next location.


An hour later uncle calls me on my mobile. I disconnected it as we were on a short 'intercession' thinking I will call him shortly. 


He calls a bit later; his voice was breaking and not audible. I disconnected and said, 'Uncle, your voice is breaking and I will call you'.  I get again a call from his land phone ( I have saved both on my mobile).

Uncle sorry that I could not hear you earlier.

"Now are you free?"
 
Yes uncle.
"When you were here, I wanted to take a tablet. Did you see me opening it and taking it?"
No uncle, you were about to take it and you were looking for water I think. And you got a call on your mobile and you left the medicine back. You did not take it.

"So you did not see me taking the medicine..?"
Yes uncle, you are right.

Do you know who this uncle is? He is H. S. Ponnuraj - Hezekiah Ponnuraj
 

And here is his latest email to me as he sends to many others frequently:
"Dr.David Solomon of Ambur will go for cataract surgery this Wednesday at Salem.Please be praying that the surgery go well. Thanks"

 
Of course, this is just an abridged version of the dialogue between us today. Please do pray for Unlce Ponnuraj. If you do not know him personally ask your senior friend in the UESI about him. I met him in 1999 for the first time and then lately two and a months ago. The impressions of him in my mind are important ones in several respects. Now he needs a healing touch on his back. He said he may have to go through a traction for his disk gap in the vertebra. (I think he said number- 4)
Phil, 4 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment